Wednesday 16 March 2011

Candles and a bit more



A few more bands on this beautiful Heirloom Christmas sampler.  I'm beginning to get a tiny bit worried about the bottom section but I'm trying not to think about that bit too much.




There are some poinsettia flowers to be stitched under the candles.  They are made using lazy daisy stitch so I am going to wait until I add the beads to do them. 

If anyone has any hints on stitching the Partial Greek Cross Stitch or Wrapped Bars with Dove's Eye let me know please.  I think I will have to practice them a lot before I start row 30.  Still two more rows to go before I get to it.





3 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

This is stunning.
I had to use the Victoria Sampler's website and watch the animations on the wrapped bars and dove's eyes to get them.
Good luck.

Sue said...

Thanks, I forgot they had the animations. I will have a look.

Sue

Karen said...

It's coming along beautifully! I still have quite a ways to catch up to you. I'm on the 3rd lace row now I think.

I'm sure I'll be using their animation site as well for the hardanger. And I'll be practicing a whole lot before doing it on the sampler.