Monday 28 November 2011

The Chalet School books

Two updates for you but I have not done as much stitching as I could, my son asked me to reserve him a library book online.  While I was doing it I looked to see if they had any of the books I used to read when I was a child.  My favourite series was The Chalet School.  I could not believe it they had the first two in the series so I reserved them and when I collected the first one I could not put it down.  It was written in 1925 (no I'm not that old LOL the last one was published in 1970) so some of the language made me smile but I really enjoyed it and I have already started the second  Jo of the Chalet School.  Not sure how many of the 58, yes 58 books in the series they have but I will enjoy reading the ones I can. 


Here is Autumn House by Bent Creek, 




looks a bit crooked but that is just the way the stitching was laying when I took the photo.
Here is my 'A Late Stroll' project, one of the cross stitch kits  from Yiotas xstitch



I would like to have done a bit more on it but as I said reading took a bit of my time.


3 comments:

blue star stitcher said...

oooh I like the pretty browns and tans on the bent creek piece. While i love the Christmas holidays part of me already misses my fall decor.

Unknown said...

Can't believe you mentioned The Chalet School books. I read them while I was little and my Mum read them when she was little too. They are such lovely books!Enjoy xxxx

Unknown said...

oh my! you are a fast stitcher! well done it looks wonderful.